statement of the Rules of the Club, its Constitution & Procedures.
- The name of the Club shall be "The Mirfield Cricket Club" which has adopted the ECB Cricket Equity Policy
- The object of the Club is to promote the game of cricket and participation in the sport, by offering coaching and competitive opportunities, within a framework that ensures a duty of care to all its members, by adopting and implementing the ECB "Safe Hands - Cricket policy for Safekeeping Children" and any future versions of the policy. At the same time the Club provides all its services in a way that is fair to everyone.
- The Management of the Club shall be vested in a Committee consisting of Six officers, namely a President, Chairman, Vice Chairman, Treasurer, Secretary, Child welfare Officer, and not more than fifteen other members, all of whom shall retire at the Annual General Meeting, but shall be eligible for re-election.
- At least seven days prior to the date fixed for the Annual General Meeting or a Special General Meeting a Notice in writing stating the business to be transacted shall be posted or delivered to the last known address of each member.
- The Club's financial year shall end on the 31st day of October and the Annual General Meeting shall normally be held in the last week of January. The business of the Annual General Meeting shall be to receive the Report of the Committee, to receive the Statement of Accounts for the preceding year, to elect the Officers and other members of the Committee for the ensuing year, to elect the Honorary Auditor and Honorary Solicitor for the ensuring year and to transact any other business of which due and proper notice has been given.
- Only members making a subscription in accordance with Rule 31 and whose subscriptions are not in arrears shall be eligible to attend, vote and nominate any person or be nominated at an Annual General Meeting or a Special General Meeting.
- At all Annual General Meetings and Special General Meetings the President and in his absence the Chairman shall take the chair.
- (a) The Committee may at any time for any special purpose and upon giving due and proper notice thereof in writing call a Special General Meeting. (b) The Secretary shall call a Special General Meeting upon the written request of fifteen or more members stating the purpose for which the meeting is required.
- At a Special General Meeting no other business shall be transacted except that appearing on the notice convening the meeting.
- Any individual member desirous of moving any resolution at the Annual General Meeting shall give notice thereof in writing to the Secretary before the 1st day of December. Notice of the resolution shall be given in the Notice convening the Annual General Meeting. Nominations for the Committee
- Nominations for the election of Officers and other members of the Committee for the following year shall be submitted in writing to the Secretary before the first day of December.
- Each member for election to the Committee shall be proposed by one and seconded by another member of the Club.
- A person shall only be eligible for nomination to the Office of President, Chairman or Vice-Chairman after a period of three years continuous club membership.
- Any member before being proposed to serve on the Committee, shall have previously demonstrated an involvement in the cricketing activities of the Club.
- Immediately after the Annual General Meeting the Committee shall appoint from the membership such Vice-Presidents as they consider necessary based on meritorious service already rendered to the Club.
- The Committee shall have the power to co-opt for the remainder of the year additional members as necessary, and to fill any vacancy in their numbers which may arise during the course of the year.
- The Committee shall have the power to deal with all funds of the Club for the benefit of the Club as a whole and to take any action they consider necessary to carry on the affairs of the Club.
- The Committee shall have the power to delegate any of their duties to Sub-committees.
- Any office for which no nomination has been received shall be filled by the committee for the ensuing year.
- The Committee shall have the power to elect temporary members on such terms as they may determine for any period not exceeding one month. Temporary members shall not be called upon to pay any entrance fee but shall pay such subscription as the Committee shall determine.
- The Committee shall appoint the team Captains.
- The Committee shall have power to act in any situation not provided for in these rules.
- Every candidate for admission to the Club as a member or temporary member, shall be proposed by one and seconded by another member of the club and passed by a simple majority of the Committee present at their first meeting held after the expiration of 48 hours from the receipt by the Secretary of such proposal.
- A patron, on annual payment of the appropriate rate of subscription, shall enjoy the privilege of membership and in addition shall be named on the list of Patrons published in the Fixture Card.
- A Life Member shall only be nominated by the Committee for election at the Annual General Meeting and on election and without being called upon to make further payment shall become a Life Member, and be entitled to all the privileges of membership for life unless they shall cease to be a member by written notification to the Secretary of voluntary retirement or by expulsion.
- Temporary members shall be entitled to all the benefits and privileges of membership, except that they shall not be qualified to be officers or members of the Committee, or any sub-committee, or to attend Annual General Meetings, or Special General Meetings, or vote as members or to sign any request referred to in Rule 8, or to claim any share of the property of the Club upon its dissolution, or to cash cheques at the bar. Junior membership of the club also provides that the parent(s), carer(s), guardian(s), of the child are given Non-Voting Membership of the Club, as part of that Junior Membership. This entitles the parent(s), carer(s), guardian(s), no additional privileges that would otherwise be gained by paying the appropriate adult membership fee(s). Any use of the facilities, (for example social, training, playing), may incur such charges as applicable to relevant adult membership.
- A Club, Group or Association may apply for membership as a candidate under Rule 23, and on payment of the Group Subscription, its members shall enjoy the privileges of membership, except that they shall not be qualified to be officers or members of the Committee or any sub-committees or to sign any request referred to in Rule 8, or to cash cheques at the bar. The group shall nominate one person as its representative who shall act and in all respects shall be treated as one member.
- A copy of these Rules shall be affixed to the Membership Card of the Club. Retention of the Membership Card after the 31st day of May shall be taken as acceptance or membership for the current year.
- As each member of the Club is personally interested in its welfare, they will not only observe the rules but will use their influence to discourage any breach of the rules by others.
- Subscriptions shall be due and payable in advance on the first day of May in each year.
Annual Subscriptions shall be as follows:
Category Subscription Club/Association Membership £75 Junior Membership £30 Patrons £20 Player Membership £40 Social Membership £15
- Any member who fails to pay the subscription for two consecutive years ending on the 1st day of May, shall from that date, and without further notice, cease to be a member, and from that date shall forfeit all right and claim upon the Club, its property and funds.
- The Committee shall have the power to fine or expel any member who shall offend against the rules of the club, or whose conduct shall in the opinion of the Committee render them unfit for membership of the Club. All complaints regarding the behaviour of members should be presented and submitted in writing to the Secretary of the Club. If the complaint has implications for a junior member, in the event of any child protection issues, the Club Child Welfare Officer is to be the lead contact for all members. Before any such member is fined or expelled the Secretary shall give that person 7 days written notice to attend a disciplinary hearing set up by the Committee for that purpose, and shall inform him or her of the complaints made against them. No member shall be fined or expelled without first having the opportunity of appearing before the Committee and answering the complaints made against them. The outcome of that hearing shall be reported back to the Committee. The outcome should also be notified in writing to the person who lodged the complaint, and the member against whom the complaint was made within 7 days of the hearing. There will be the right to appeal to the Committee following disciplinary action being announced. The Committee should consider the appeal within 7 days of the Secretary receiving the appeal.
- With a view to minimising damage to the turf, players shall be suitably shod during practice.
- Any member selected to play in a match and who is not available must immediately inform the Team Captain.
- Any playing member of the Club who is fined for misconduct by their respective league or organisation will be responsible for paying his/her own fine.
- The hours during which alcoholic liquor may be supplied in the Club premises shall be from 11:00am to 11:00pm on Monday to Saturday, (inclusive), and from 12 noon to 10:30pm on Sunday, Christmas Day and Good Friday.
- Every member shall be entitled to introduce visitors subject to such regulations as may be made from time to time by the Committee, and every visitor shall be considered the guest of and be accompanied by the member introducing them, PROVIDED that no person shall be introduced as a visitor who shall have been expelled from membership, or whose conduct or presence in the Club premises shall be considered by the Committee, to be objectionable or prejudicial to the interests of the Club.
- There may be admitted to the registered premises of the Club persons other than members or their guests, and liquor may be supplied or sold to them by or on behalf of the club for consumption on the premises and not elsewhere, but subject to any conditions attached to the Club?s Registration Certificate by the Magistrates Court.
- At the discretion of the Duty Bar-person or any Committee Member, Juniors under 13 years of age may be asked to leave the Club premises by 9:00pm if they are unaccompanied by a responsible adult.
- (a) If at a Special General Meeting, a resolution is carried by at least two thirds of the Members eligible to vote pursuant to Rule 6 and present at the meeting, the Committee shall thereupon, or at such date as shall have been specified in the resolution, proceed to realise the assets of the club and discharge all debts and liabilities of the club. (b) After settling the all liabilities of the club, the Committee shall dispose of the net assets remaining to one or more organisations with the same aims as the club or to registered charities.
- These rules shall not be altered, added to or deleted except by a resolution carried by a majority of at least two thirds of the membership present at an Annual General Meeting, or a Special General Meeting, the notice of which shall have contained particulars of the proposed alteration, addition or deletion.
Powers of the Committee
Misconduct of members